Updated by TaKeRuZ : 23th September 2011
NOTE: The last version is 2.34, the creator is no longer update anymore because he already quit HoN.
If you want following latest alternate avatars, download the S2Z one.
In order to prevent players keep requesting about alternate avatars. So I'm gonna to introduce this application.
All Alternate Hero/Couriers Models Picker - Credits to saTo.
This is a program that will allow you to choose what model each hero/courier should have. This will force the model to your client, so no matter what model is selected, you will see the chosen model.
The program will then create a HeroModels.honmod file that you can add to "mods" folder, then apply it at Hon_ModMan.
Note that this is just an avatar mod, you can see it, other people cannot be seen. If you want to support Garena/S2 Games definitely you can purchase them, this is up to you.
Preview of the Program:
1. Where should I download this program?
Download from here. Latest alt avatar (S2Z Version ONLY):
- Logger Legionnaire
- HeroModels.rar (v2.34)
- S2Z Version (v2.36) All alternative avatars + standard courier.
2. How to use this program?
- Extract the "HeroModels.rar" to anywhere you like. Make sure both "HeroModels.exe" and "Ionic.Zip.dll" is in the same folder, and open the HeroModels.exe.
*NOTE: If there's an error when you open HeroModels.exe, it means your computer does not have NET Framework 4 installed. If you need to, download from here.
- Click on the hero/courier to change either you want it to become alternative or standard. If you want all selected heroes are become alternative, just click "All alternative"; if you want all selected heroes are become standard, just click "All standard" at bottom.
- Once you're done, click "Generate HeroModels.honmod" at bottom.
- Copy the "HeroModels.honmod" file and paste into HoN "mods" folder. The mods folder location is:
- International HoN: X:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\mods
- Garena HoN: X:\Program Files\Garena Messenger\Apps\HoN\game\mods
- Open your Hon_Modman, enable and apply the "Alternate Hero Models Picker"mod.
- For S2Z version, just download the S2Z file and put into "game" folder. Done.
3. What is the border color on each hero means?
- Orange: The hero will always force you to show Alternative model, no matter what model is selected.
- Blue: The hero will always force you to show Standard model, no matter what model is selected.
- Grey: This is the way HoN normally handles models. The chosen model will show.
Still confuse? Let me explain this example:
Player 1 choose Witch Slayer (Standard), Player 2 choses Female Pyromancer and Player 3 choses Scorpion Magmus. What will be displayed on their monitor?
Player 1: Standard Witch Slayer, Male Pyromancer, Standard Magmus. - That player all highlighted "Blue" in his/her mod.
Player 2: Pimp Slayer, Female Pyromancer, Scorpion Magmus. - That player all highlighted "Orange" in his/her mod.
Player 3: Standard Witch Slayer, Female Pyromancer, Scorpion Magmus. - That player all highlighted "Grey" in his/her mod.
The situation similar as Couriers.
4. What happens when there's new alternate avatars coming out in HoN?
IGNORE THIS. There's no longer have new version anymore.
When new models come out the creator will make the appropriate changes to the program. Usually he/she will update within 1 - 2 week.
To update the version of this program, you don't need to visit here and re-download this program. If you really want to visit here, please wait for 1 week after Garena HoN patch is release, then I will update the latest version.
- You need to do is click the "Check for Updates" at bottom, the program will tell you if there is a newer version ready.
- Click "Download" to update your new version of this program. Once done, it will promote you to start this program with the new version.
- Once you updated to the new version, you can delete the old version directly from your computer.
5. If I generated alternate avatars in this program, now I want to use another custom heroes avatar mod. When I go to practice mode/real game it still appear as alternate avatar(s), what should I do?
There are two ways:
1) For honmod file user.
- For example, if let's say I don't want to use Sachi Swiftblade anymore I decided to change Swiftblade as Cloud Strife.
- Go to your Hon_Modman, disable and re-apply "Alternate Heroes Model Picker". Highlight the mod and press Delete.
- Open the Model Picker program, change the Swiftblade into GREY border.
- Generate and re-apply it in Hon_ModMan. Your Could Strife avatar mod will be appeared in practice mode/real game.
- Similar for this method with other heroes/couriers also if you want to change alternate avatar(s) to custom hero avatar(s).
2) For S2Z file user.
- Go to your game folder (the path already shown in above), find resources_all_alternative.s2z file and open it with WinZIP/WinRAR/7z or any zip programs.
- Once opened, double click heroes folder.
- Search the hero you don't want to become alternative. Once you founded, highlight it and just press delete and click Yes.
- Done, close it and launch HoN again.
6. When I applying "Alternate Heroes Model Picker" in Hon_Modman it shows error (mod.xml not found, etc.), what should I do?
- If you use Garena HoN, do not generate the alternate avatar(s) which is haven't updated into latest hero/patch for your HoN client. Simply change the latest hero/alternate avatar into GREY border before you generate it.
- If the error still exists, maybe some of your files in HoN are corrupted, please re-download your new Garena HoN client/Int.HoN client.
Good Luck and enjoy your gaming.